£60000 - £85000 per annum + benefits to be neg.
4 months ago
Position: Vertical Sales Manager/Director - Governments - Smart Lighting
Salary Range: £60-85k (dep on experience) - all expenses paid
Bonus structure: Uncapped
Reporting to: Group Sales Director
Start date: ASAP
Located overseas, it is one of the world's leading providers of advanced off-grid lighting, including street lighting management. Specialists in energy saving solutions
They are looking for a Vertical Sales Manager / Director Designate who has a proven track record of selling either lighting or electrical solutions with a focus on energy consumption and/or cost saving, to promote and sell their solution/products to Governments, Authorities and other similar entities including diplomatic personnel across Europe.
Specifically you will be responsible for continuing to build the business, with a specific focus on the above-mentioned contact base. Thus, helping to further expand its exposure in the current European market. An opportunity to build a business and take it forward.
You will need to have an understanding of and build long-lasting relationships with these clients on behalf of the business. You will also be required to develop new business where possible through the relevant channels / route to market.
In essence, your role is to create profitable relationships with your / our customer base that generates new business. Whilst also helping organise and map out the company organisation to attack the other regions Globally.
Preferably, you should have a good knowledge and understanding of Smart Cities in relation to Lighting, ideally with a particular focus on similar applications, or you may be someone from an alternative product background with relevant contacts, who can apply themselves to a technical sale.
The skill is being able to understand the needs of the customer and being able to put forward a solution that ensures they choose you over your competitor.
The key ingredients for this are:
- Experience of developing and leading teams
- P&L experience
- A knowledge of smart cities & IoT
- Contacts within the Public & Private Sector across Europe, specifically at Government level
- Desire to be successful
- Disciplined and structured
- Effective communicator
- Commercial acumen - You understand the numbers and know how to present them!
- Ability to self-manage - Emotional intelligence
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally, you will have an understanding and knowledge of Smart lighting solutions and/or Energy saving solutions
- Experience of selling a solution rather than just a tangible product
- Proven record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Evidence of providing solutions in an engaging and effective way
Interviews available immediately