Birmingham, West Midlands
about 1 month ago
We are working with a well-established, forward thinking, friendly, training practice with 7 GPs currently working with a group of RGNs and Health-care assistance on-site. This purpose-built medical centre is part of Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group and has an expanding list size of 8,500 patients. They are proud to have been rated 'Good' overall by CQC and are a high achievers in QOF.
Located in Rubery, on the Birmingham/Worcestershire border, near a number of rural villages and with excellent links to Birmingham City Centre. They are ideally, they are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, well organised and possesses excellent communication skills.
EMIS Web and DocMan using practice.
Ideally, they will be covering 20 hrs per week (4 hrs a day), Monday - Friday for approximately 3 months starting ASAP. They will be required to:
- Answer queries that come into the Surgery line
- Book patient appointments accordingly
- Deal with administrative tasks sent in by the GPs, e.g. arranging Review appointments with GP, open and scan post onto patient records, etc.
- Handle confidential information
- Work without supervision and well within a team
- Pay high levels of attention to details
The ideal candidate will be covering the desk of the current receptionist until their permanent vacancy is filled and the new starter is trained up. There is a view to be considered for the permanent role also - a Prescription Clerk/Administrator for 25 hours per week.
Essential to have:
- Experience working within a GP Practice
- Excellent Communication and Organisation skills.
- Experience working as part of a team within an administrative environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- GCSE grade A to C in English and Maths or equivalent
Desirable to have a NVQ level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.