£63000 - £65000 per annum + Private healthcare & benefits
7 months ago
Technical Team Manager
(senior macOS skills, solid managerial background and MSP experience essential)
*HOME-BASED DURING COVID-19 WITH FLEXIBLE AND SAFE WORKING THEREAFTER
- Are you a Technical Team Manager, IT Manager, or Service Delivery Manager looking for your next senior opportunity within an established, growing, and progressive MSP?
- Can you develop and motivate a team of skilled and technical macOS-focused IT engineers, monitoring and reporting on day-to-day case management, design and develop KPIs and the appropriate metrics to deliver continuous improvement?
- Are you experienced in setting objectives and producing key results?
- Are you skilled in identifying and planning training needs whilst promoting a positive supportive culture that puts customers first?
- Do you know how to promote and instill a positive, high-performance culture and thrive on having the autonomy to evolve how your team operates to meet the future needs of the business and its customers?
As Technical Team Manager, you will report directly to the MD - the performance and quality of delivery of your team are of paramount importance to the business. You will manage the delivery of effective technical support to clients. You will plan and schedule workload and resources and manage the team to deliver against their key results, meet SLAs, and follow processes precisely and consistently.
Your day to day responsibilities as Technical Team Manager are to:
- Ensure the timely resolution of client incidents and requests in line with SLAs
- Monitor adherence to process and use of the correct tone of voice in line with Company ethos and values
- Schedule workload, approval of holidays, training and manage sickness absence and cover
- Manage any client concerns and escalate to the Company Directors when necessary
- Set objectives and key results for the team
- Set KPIs and metrics for all activities and monitor day-to-day performance
- Conduct performance reviews and performance management
- Hold regular team meetings, stand-ups and 1-to-1s, maintaining a regular rhythm of review
- Coach and develop the technical engineers and be a point of escalation
- Lead the recruitment of technical staff and manage their induction
- Ensure the team understand and follow processes precisely and consistently
- Conduct root-cause analysis of recurrent incidents and develop action plans to reduce these and identify automation opportunities
- Provide regular reports to the management team on the performance of your team with relevant metrics
- Support the Technical Consultants to align clients to the Company technical blueprint
- Respond to results from client satisfaction surveys with the appropriate action plans to improve service
- Where new technology emerges and is added to the Company tech stack, plan the implementation across the Company client base
- Where there are key changes to Company core services, work with the team to plan the deployment
- Develop and refine all the processes along the client's journey at a client and user level
- Champion the Company process improvement programme
Have you got the skills to lead this technical team?
- At least 3 years in a management-level role with more than 5 direct reports
- At least 3 years’ experience in a hands-on IT support role, ideally within an MSP
- At least 2 years’ experience within an MSP
- A proven track record in improving the performance of a team
- Recent in-depth Apple Mac experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numerate with experience in analysing and producing reports
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
Ideally, you will also have:
- Higher or further education qualifications
- IT qualifications
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with JumpCloud and Addigy
- In order to deliver continuous improvement, you will identify patterns and trends in support requests. By analysing and reporting on data and by conducting ongoing root-cause analysis, you will reduce the recurrence of common issues, and develop automated remediation for incidents.
- You will identify shortcomings in service delivery and day-to-day operations and implement a plan for continuous improvement. You will foster a documentation culture resulting in complete and up-to-date information for all clients. You will also lead the ongoing development of Company internal and client-facing knowledge bases to improve efficiency and enable case deflection via self-service. And finally, you will oversee the development and refinement of all the processes that make up the client journey, from onboarding all the way through to offboarding.
- You will work closely with the MD to oversee projects. Your main role will be to allocate the appropriate resources from the team, agreeing on the technical approach, scheduling, and key deliverables. Once projects are completed, you will bring any new infrastructure under the management of the technical team, along with the relevant documentation and processes.
- Finally, you will be the first point of technical escalation for the team and will coach team members to develop their own skills and knowledge, by maintaining the training matrix and supporting individuals’ development plans.
If you take on this Technical Team Manager role, you could be earning a competitive salary of up to £65,000 with many other extra benefits including healthcare insurance.
So, if this sounds right up your street, apply today to email@example.com
Are you a macOS-focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Anne Rooke at Eligo is a leading Mac IT Technical Recruitment Consultant specialising in macOS (Mac OSX) and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line macOS and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us - Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple macOS IT Recruitment at Eligo - let us help you secure your perfect macOS IT support role.