City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
11 months ago
Do you want to take the next step in your Tech Support Engineer career?
Are you looking to become an expert in the IT Support Field?
Do you want to be the go-to person for Production issues?
Then you'll want to apply to this Tech Support Engineer role.
This Mid-level Tech Support role is within a small yet thriving FinTech business and is a unique opportunity to help grow the capability of the company's IT Support team.
Your mission as an Tech Support Engineer ;
- Investigate and resolve complex 2nd and 3rd line production issues impacting internal and client systems.
- Be a team leader, take ownership for missing documentation, triage tickets to the team based on complexity and help guide the support team knowledge.
- Use your x-ray vision to identify issues, analyse the root cause and prevent reoccurrence.
- Don't be shy to suggest improvements to the production service or team effectiveness and improve the level of support the team currently provides.
- Handle production incidents and problem management activities with ease and follow up on agreed actions with minimum help from the support team.
Does your tech stack up?
- Sound knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, LAMP stack.
- Experience of Unix/Linux systems, with SQL Knowledge to work on daily production issues.
- Experience of monitoring and alerting systems like Grafana and Munin.
- Knowledge of encryption protocols, tools and browser security.
- Networking and firewall experience.
If you want to earn £50,000 - £60,000 a year, delivering high standard IT support to top-tier clients whilst making a real impact on improving the effectiveness of a growing IT support team, then apply to this Application Support Role now or get in touch for more info!