Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
3 months ago
100% Remote position currently, plan on occasional office work when safe to return, based on individuals. There is a preference for candidates to live a reasonable distance from Birmingham.
Rapidly growing technology business based in Central Birmingham are hiring for a Team Lead to manage an already high performing development team. You will work and collaborate within a team which contains some of the best developers and researchers in Birmingham on a product which is using artificial intelligence to change the landscape of the internet using a cutting-edge tech stack working with Golang, Typescript, React, Node, Python and PostgreSQL.
- 70% Team Management + 30% Tech Architecture
- Work closely with CTO and other Team Leads to ensure obstacles for developers are removed
- Leading the team in designing, implementing & delivering solutions to customer problems
Skills & Responsibilities
- Factoring in the size, scope of this role & where we are on our journey the impact you could have is unique. You'll need to be hands on, dedicated and reliable with a number of years experience building scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Ideally you will be someone who communicates well with engineering, cloud providers and the broader team, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to build and support key system infrastructure.
- You enjoy motivating and leading a team of talented developers
- You can code. The role requires you to code with the team and therefore, have full stack experience building products on the back-end in either Golang, Python, Typescript or Node.JS and AngularJS or React in the front-end
- Knowledge and experience of core services within cloud platforms, ideally GCP or AWS
- Tech agnostic mindset with a proven experience to identify and learn new systems, languages and frameworks
- Enthusiastic positive attitude, yet disciplined and detailed-oriented
Wide range of benefits on offer including 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell back 5 more. Flexible starting hours (between 8:00 and 10:00), every employee gets £1000 personal budget to spend on conferences and training a year, company healthcare plan with, Quarterly team events and paternity leave is 4 weeks at 100% pay.
Please apply if interested.