West End, London
£67000 - £70000 per annum + Generous bonus and benefits
19 days ago
Senior Systems Engineer
You are an experienced Systems Engineer who puts your heart and soul into your work.
You're looking to further your career in a progressive and growing global technology business.
How about one that appreciates your hard work and gives back, not only financially but with the freedom of hybrid working?
We can help with that.
In this Senior Systems Engineer role, you'll be working for a company that provides services to many large, global media and entertainment brands.
Using your in-depth knowledge and experience in system engineering, you will take charge of the installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of various systems across the company's network.
You will also be responsible for reviewing the system engineering processes and, identify any modifications to ensure functionality and performance requirements meet the ongoing needs of the customers.
If you're comfortable in an informal environment that strives for teamwork, openness, and pragmatism, then this Senior Systems Engineer role is right up your street.
Let's talk tech
You'll have at least 5 years of industry experience with a track record of success with network and system security.
You'll have excellent knowledge of system administration and engineering mechanisms and components such as Puppet, Jenkins, r10k deployment, DR systems and system provisioning.
Your skills also extend to programming in Python, Bash, Perl or Ruby, alongside experience with monitoring systems (OpenNMS, Graphite, Collectd, ELK, Sensu etc) and hypervisor administration. (XCP-NG, Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi).
The perfect you:
- Experience in the design, construction and operation of complex distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of systems including Debian, Ubuntu, and a small number of windows systems.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with System engineering tasks, techniques (e.g. System hardening and security, kernel profiling and tuning, kernel and package compilation)
- Detailed knowledge of System Administration and Engineering mechanisms and components (e.g., Configuration Management (Puppet), Jenkins (or other automation/CI), r10k deployment, DR systems, System Provisioning, exposure to LVM and mdadm Management)
- Programming skills (Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience with monitoring systems (OpenNMS, Graphite, Collectd, ELK, Sensu etc)
- Hypervisor administration (XCP-NG, Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi)
- System Capacity Planning
- Cloud infrastructure management experience is desirable, primarily AWS and Google Cloud
- Network configuration and management experience with Juniper/Brocade/Cisco/Arista network hardware very desirable, along with an in-depth knowledge of networking concepts and protocols
- Working knowledge of network and system security is essential
- Exposure to Openstack Infrastructure, particularly Swift, is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of object storage and RESTful APIs (Swift / S3)
Let's talk about the good stuff
As Senior Systems Engineer you'll be earning £67,000 - £70,000 plus a 10% bonus.
You'll be based out of the London office but can work remotely from wherever suits you, alongside visits to data centers and attending meetings as required.
If you're a hands-on, practical problem-solver with an outgoing personality, then you're sure to fit in well here. Apply to this Senior Systems Engineer role today!