£45000 - £60000 per annum + full benefit package
over 1 year ago
Senior Security Consultant
I am currently recruiting for a London based Senior Security Consultant to work on a variety of high profile projects in the UK and further afield.
My client's Security team provide a wide range of services to their clients in order to develop the built environment.
They typically support their clients by consulting on security strategy, and the development of physical and technologically engineered solutions in the built environment.
They also provide advice on solutions, procurement and implementation, during and beyond construction programmes.
Traditional areas of expertise lie in the assessment of risk, delivery of security strategies in relation to the built environment, and increasingly development of security masterplans.
The security team work closely with both internal and external design teams to influence the design approach and ensure the final design functions allow buildings to maximise not only security, but also ease of use, automation and consistency in operation.
More about the role...
You will support the London team leader in the provision of consultancy services in London, U.K and overseas as well as working with the security team colleagues based in the Bath office.
The majority of your role will involve strategic issues; however, you will work alongside our security engineers who provide the technical input into the projects.
What will you be doing?
Naturally, the role will be highly varied but typical responsibilities are likely to include;
- Assessment of threats, vulnerabilities and risk and production of risk registers
- Development of security strategies in accordance with RIBA work stages
- Prepare operational requirements
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Inputting into and revising Project delivery standards and processes as and when required
- Contributing ideas and 'design flare' to the overall brief
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Keeping abreast of emerging threats and trends
- Providing high-level advice to clients in relation to the appropriate security technologies in security
- Supervising and mentoring graduate security consultants
More about you...
As an experienced Security Consultant, we would expect that you can demonstrate:
- A sound foundation of project management skills with the experience of developing security strategies on a range of project types
- A keen eye for detail to ensure that design information is produced with a consistent and rationalised approach
- Experience of assessing security risks within a variety of projects
- Degree level qualification in Security and Risk Management or Crime & Criminology or related subjects
- Membership of the Security Institute or Association of Security Consultants
- Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant institution - e.g. RSES, Security Institute, CSyP or similar
- Prepared to undertake international travel and attend meetings overseas
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to develop consultancy skills to act as an advisor
- A knowledge of BIM technology is advantageous
- Willingness to undergo a security vetting procedure if required to work on specific projects.
If this is you, please get intouch to discuss in more detail.
Send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel 0208 9711893