Kensington and Chelsea, London
Up to £48000 per annum + Additional benefits
6 months ago
Senior Linux Engineer - Enterprise - Media Environment - Linux Servers - RedHat, SLES, Debian, Suse Manager, VMware, Azure, Veeam, Datacenter Infrastructure,
This global creative agency is looking for a Senior Linux Engineer (Linux Senior Specialist) - Enterprise to join them in their offices on the edge of the West End.
As a Senior Linux Engineer (RedHat, SLES, Debian) - Enterprise - you will have a strong working background gained in enterprise server and storage platforms with the following skills in particular:
- More than 5 years' experience managing Linux servers in a large Datacenter Infrastructure environment.
- Proven 5 years of experience as Linux Engineer in a demanding and heterogeneous computing environment.
- Operation and maintenance of a Linux infrastructure running on clustered configuration.
- Strong experience of systems administration, configuration, maintenance, security of RedHat, SLES, Debian is much appreciated
- Proven experience providing a Level 3 support and solution on Open Source technologies including web services, web applications, databases and Failover Clusters, High Availability
- Good knowledge of Suse Manager or any other tool related to Linux systems patching or configuration management
- Converged Infrastructure
- Installation and Configuration of hardware equipment including but not limited to HP blade Systems, HP Virtual Connect, HP C7000 Enclosures, HP DL Servers, HBA, Storage and SAN
- Hands-on experience configuring and tuning of SAN fabrics (Brocade), including Zoning
- OS firewall management / Web services : IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Authentication : Radius, SSL, Active Directory, SSH, DNS, DHCP
- FTP, SFTP setup and access management
- Database experience (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle)
- Azure Experience / Veeam Experience
As Senior Linux Engineer (RedHat, SLES, Debian) you will:
- Run and support the infrastructure solutions
- Administer, optimise and tune the servers and related components to ensure high availability of the various business applications
- Diagnose and fix incidents as quickly as possible, and make sure that the root cause analyses are done to prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening, as well as to eliminate recurring incidents
- Maintain up to date the infrastructure inventory for what is relevant (technical inventory & technical guides and processes)
- Deal with multiple incidents/tasks simultaneously
- Actively participate in all areas of daily operations involving several technologies such as Microsoft, Linux, storage
- Work in collaboration with different teams (Architecture, Global Network, Messaging, Databases, Applications etc.)
- Proactive detection, troubleshooting and resolution of systems issues
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and partners nationally and internationally
If you would like to hear more about this Linux Engineer position focusing on Linux Servers (RedHat, SLES, Debian), Suse Manager, VMware, Azure, Veeam, Datacenter and Infrastructure please apply now, sending us you CV. If you seem like you have the experience needed, we will get in touch as soon as possible.
Are you a macOS focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Anne Rooke - Specialist macOS IT Recruiter for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect macOS IT role.