3 months ago
Senior Backend/DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a talented Backend/DevOps Engineer that would join a global team and support the development of applications for both internal and external customers. The role will include development of software solutions that will get deployed to AWS or Azure cloud platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Responsible for applications systems analysis and programming activities that may include assisting with feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and implementation of new or revised applications systems and program
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Understand the business context and the associated customer use cases
- Ensure compliance with security policies and practices in accordance with internal and external audit governing bodies.
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or less experienced colleagues.
- Expected to operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- 5+ years' experience as Backend/DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years' experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of React
- Proficiency with SQL
- AWS: 2+ years' experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ALB, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, etc) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Expertise with Monitoring tools
- Expertise in translating requirements with solutions using Detailed Technical documentation
- Fluency in English
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time and stress management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Experience communicating with business users
- Good project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and provide solutions for business or data issues