City of London, London
£80000 - £100000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Scala Technical Lead - FinTech
A successful FinTech company in the Securities Lending market with clients including Financial Institutions from around the world is looking for a Scala Technical Lead to join them to work on an exciting roll out of a large and critical greenfield project, with an aggressive deadline.
The Scala Technical Lead will be line managing a team of 3 consisting of a React Dev, a Scala Dev, and a Perl Dev, but this team will be grown significantly, with the role holder involved with recruitment.
Although the team uses other technologies on the project you will only be involved with the Scala side of things. This has been a tough role to fill as it combines high level technical design overseeing the architecture (usually a hands-off type role), and delivery of the product (hands-on), so they need someone who combines the ability to oversee the project as well as deliver it (hands-on and hands-off).
Key duties as Scala Technical Lead:
- Work with Product Manager to understand the project objectives, scope, requirements and high level technical design
- Understand the technical strategy, the existing and future architecture and determine how best to fit the strategic solution
- Create a client delivery and revenue driven milestone plan for the project together with Product Owner/Project Manager
- Design the solution for best strategic fit to the stack (Scala/Perl), balancing the need for short term delivery with strategic technical goals - gaining approval from the architecture group
- Hire/form team of developers
- Be the hands on technical lead for the project (hands on where skillset matches)
Interested in this position of Scala Technical Lead with a successful FinTech company in Central London? Apply now!