£35000 - £40000 per annum + health care and pension
about 1 month ago
Electrical/Construction/ fire & security
Summary of the Role:
A key client of ours has a exciting position available within their Estimating department, a new position available to help support their Estimators and Sales team, ensuring project costings are accurately captured before quote submittal. The position is critical to the smooth running of the department.
The successful candidate will be able to liaise between the Projects department and the Estimating department to make sure that cost changes, lessons learned, and equipment changes are captured and accounted for.
Candidates will have a strong knowledge of excel, a good eye for detail and the ability to multitask across multiple projects, interfacing with multiple departments and project teams.
Candidates must be able to use their knowledge to help liaise with other departments to ensure margins are met.
Candidate must be able to interact with different internal stakeholders, external customers, and suppliers to ensure the commercial targets of our business is achieved.
* Work across the business to ensure Senior Management have the correct, coordinated, complete and concise commercial information to support critical decision making
* Identifying areas of cost savings
* A Commercial contact between the Sales, Estimating and project department
* Tendering supplier and sub-contractor packages to ensure orders are placed to benefit project aims in line with budget requirements
* Negotiation of terms and conditions (legal and commercial) for sub-contractor orders
* Preparation and of subcontracts and associated documentation.
* Administration of the RFQ/ ITT process, including negotiating and assessing tenders considering cost value, reliability, and risk.
* Preparation of appropriate Bills of Quantities/ Activity Schedules
* Participate as a highly trusted and involved member of the team
* Previous experience working within a financial role (Within a building services/ electrical or construction setting)
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Organisation skills
* Ability to understand construction programmes
* Ability to work under pressure
* Attention to detail and accuracy of work
* Well organized, strong planning skills and prioritizing ability
* Good written English
Essential Behaviour and Personality Profile
* Good timekeeping and appearance
* Organised and positive attitude
* Focused and self-motivated
* Attention to detail
* Ability to communicate professionally at all levels
* Team player Systems Knowledge required for the role - Excel and MS Word
- Basic salary £35- £40k - Dependant on Experience
- Predominantly office based
- Weekly Site visits - London / greater London (expenses paid when travelling to site) -
- 20 days holiday - rising to 25 after service
- Company Pension scheme (after probation)
- Company Health care (after probation)
- 6 month probation period