City of London, London
£48000 - £55000 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 1 month ago
Platform Support Specialist - Linux based
- Linux, Python, Platform Services support, networking, TCP/IP, Customer success management, collaboration tools, storage and distribution tools, plus monitoring systems (Grafana, Sensu, Graphite, Prometheus), WebRTC, Video streaming support, audio and video codecs support
As Platform Support Specialist - Linux - you will ideally have experience supporting customers using platform products or have an IT support background, Linux and Python knowledge and a desire to pursue an interesting customer-facing support role.
- You must be able to support and tackle complex challenges for customers using software and platform services and collaboration tools.
- You must have excellent communication skills and be able to probe, ask questions, stay calm and solve problems in an assuring unflappable manner!
- Linux and Python knowledge is key together with networking skills and understanding, TCP/IP
This is a fantastic role and Company - London City-based.
Generous salary, benefits, and quarterly-paid 5% bonus.
As Platform Support Specialist your role will be as:
- 1st level escalation for platform services products and also some support for storage and distribution tool products.
- Interface with Product Team on a regular basis
- Schedule and conduct training for other members of the internal Support Team
- Liaise with the product management team on development tools for support and troubleshooting of issues.
- Work with Product Team and Head of Support on the creation of training materials and KB/training articles
- Serve as a "Technical customer success manager" where appropriate (for key customers etc) serving as a technical aid to the CSM
- Receive escalations from the Customer Success Management team where technical assistance is required
- Provide hyper-care for executive and high-proﬁle customers when onboarding them to a product
- Act as Network Specialist for the development team and assist with network-related development cycles
- Generate reports on customer service performance and issues as required
As Platform Support Specialist you will have:
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Experience in dealing with technical and non-technical customer-facing operations
- A practical, hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Minimum 3-years industry experience
- Linux fundamentals (can demonstrate past experience)
- Networking fundamentals (a basic understand of TCP/IP, static/dynamic routing protocols and an ability to demonstrate previous examples where this knowledge has been applied in a work context)
Technical Desired Experience:
- Exposure to WebRTC technologies
- Video streaming platforms g. RTP, RTMP, HLS, SRT (as well as audio and video codecs)
- Experience and understanding of Gstreamer, FFmpeg
- Has any experience with platforms such as Sensu, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus
Salary & Bonus
Salary: Based on experience target circa £46-50K per annum. Bonus: 5.0%. Excellent benefits
Are you a macOS (formerly Mac OSX) or Linux-focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac and Linux IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in macOS, Linux and multi-platform Mac/PC and Linux IT support roles. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Linux or Mac IT support role. Anne Rooke - Linux and Platform Support Recruiter - Specialist Mac and Linux Recruitment