£40000 - £50000 per annum
11 days ago
PHP/Laravel Software Developer
Are you an experienced and detailed PHP Software Developer, with a passion for coding, agility, quality, and continuous improvement?
Do you want to join a software company at an exciting point of their growth, as they expand operations from their London base to a brand new office in Edinburgh?
A software company that was one of the first companies to adopt Laravel in the UK and is active in the London and UK Laravel community?
Yes, yes and yes? Read on!
This Bespoke Workforce Management Solutions business is expanding rapidly as a result of the growth in the workforce management market and as a result, are recruiting multiple PHP Software Developers to join their new Technology team in Edinburgh.
This position will require you as a PHP Software Developer to follow a Test-Driven Development approach to software delivery and include all levels of automated tests within your development pipeline. This means you are expected to be able to write optimized and testable code and grow the existing set of automated tests: Unit, Integration, End-to-end tests - so you should hopefully have great experience automating UI and js tests.
- 3+ years of software development and best practices as a PHP Software Developer.
- Experience developing in Object-Oriented PHP within a Modern MVC framework (Ideally Laravel, or Symfony).
- Hands-on experience with Design Patterns and APIs.
- Able to effectively review other developers code and contribute with constructive feedback on code style, naming and design decisions.
- Good knowledge of git workflows and comfortable using advanced git command line tools (rebase, bisect).
- Hands-on experience working with Lean/Agile software development practices.
Interested in joining this exciting and high growth company as they open their first office in Scotland's capital city and cultural hot spot? Apply today for the role of Software Developer!