£48000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits incl private healthcare
8 months ago
Technical Services Manager
(senior macOS skills and background essential)
*HOME-BASED DURING COVID-19 WITH FLEXIBLE AND SAFE WORKING THEREAFTER
Are you a Technical Services Manager or Senior IT Support Engineer, IT Manager, or Service Delivery Manager looking for your next senior opportunity within an established, growing, and progressive company?
- Are you known for your spot-on organisation skills and excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to take the reins to develop the technical toolkit for a macOS lead IT organisation?
- Then you could be the missing part to this hardworking technical team, that needs a friendly and motivated senior technical leader.
- You will take the lead in ensuring the right technology is in place to achieve business objectives. You will be responsible for building out a technical blueprint for this leading macOS MSP.
- This role has a commercial element as you will build relationships with clients and be responsible for the proactive development of our clients' IT infrastructure - thereby generating project work. As you develop new opportunities, you will gather requirements, write proposals and design the solutions.
- As part of the management team you will help to shape the business strategy and promote a positive, high-performance culture in line with the company vision.
Research new and emerging technology that could be deployed as part of the Company service/product offering
- Define and build out the company technical blueprint
- Manage, maintain, and make full use of centralised services (e.g. Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Egnyte, Box, Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Meraki, Addigy, VSA, Watchman Monitoring, JumpCloud, Sophos, CloudAlly, Zoom, web hosting) to increase operational and commercial efficiency
- Manage technical team tools and services (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce, IT Glue, Front, PagerDuty, Nodeping, Calendly, Xero, Slack, Airtable, Zapier)
- Lead and develop the project capability of the business
- Develop new opportunities for IT projects through account management and mentoring the team
- Gather requirements, designing solutions, develop the statement of work, quote the client and gain approval
- Brief the engineer allocated to the project, from requirements through to solution
- Oversee the project implementation to ensure that it is successfully delivered
- Conduct post-implementation reviews to ensure that clients are satisfied.
- Deliver quarterly and annual client reviews
- Provide coaching to the team
- Manage the implementation of review recommendations
- Deliver our core proposition e.g. an IT Roadmap, IT Budget, Disaster Recovery Plan and recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Meet with prospective clients to explore requirements
- Prepare proposals and statements of work
- Negotiate and close opportunities
Partner & Supplier Management
- Nurture partner relationships to maximise opportunities
- Manage the existing supplier relationships
- Lead and manage the project team and develop their capabilities
- Provide mentoring and support to the team on new technologies and how they can use this to improve their clients' IT.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- A proven track record in a leadership role, ideally within an MSP
- People management experience
- At least 5 years' experience in a hands-on IT support role, with recent Apple Mac (macOS) experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Numerate with experience in analysing and producing reports and managing budgets
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Highly-organised, structured and able to plan and prioritise own workload
- Resilient and able to cope under pressure
- Views feedback in a positive way
- Adaptable to change and new challenges
- A positive and supportive personality, sociable and outgoing
- Driven and motivated, focused and goal-orientated
If you take on this Technical Services Manager role, you could be earning a competitive salary of £48,000 - £55,000 with extra benefits such as healthcare insurance.
So, if this sounds right up your street, apply today and start asap!
Are you a macOS focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Anne Rooke at Eligo is a leading Mac IT Technical Recruitment Consultant specialising in macOS (Mac OSX) and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line macOS and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us - Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple macOS IT Recruitment at Eligo - let us help you secure your perfect macOS IT support role.