West End, London
£67000 - £72000 per annum + Excellent benefits
16 days ago
macOS Infrastructure Engineer and System Administrator
Seeking a macOS IT expert to look after the infrastructure of this prestigious macOS-focused organisation.
As Senior Mac Engineer you will be:
-Very much a mac person
-Linux & Jamf on-prem skills
-Fully manage the server kit room of switches, VM's, storage systems and tape backups.
-Big focus on infrastructure: such as the configuration of firewalls, networking, hyper-v, Linux.
The ideal candidate will be a senior macOS IT specialist who is customer-focused with excellent soft skills too. You must be proactive, hands-on with a can-do attitude, able to prioritise your time well. You must have proven in-depth Linux server skills including good scripting skills, web servers, file servers, and directory services.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting firewalls, switches, wireless access points (Sonicwall (ESSENTIAL), Brocade, Ubiquiti, Cisco Meraki)
- Cisco Meraki
- Linux Servers
- Dell Servers
- VOIP/SIP Phones setup, configuration (3CX)
- VM's (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Jamf Pro MDM skills with experience of setting up and configuring an on-prem Jamf Pro configuration (Jamf 300+ ideally)
- Active Directory
- Open Directory
- macOS Server
- Linux Administration and command line
- PfSense/VPN Configuration
- Qnap/Synology Storage
Highly Beneficial Experience:
This is a senior but very hands-on role. You must be happy to assist in troubleshooting day-to-day user problems including, video conferencing, printers and similar as well as creating new user accounts and setting up equipment and new starters as required.
Experience of an office move would also be beneficial.
Qualifications & experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting macOS, Server.app and its various services (Open Directory Master/Replica (inc Users and Groups), File Sharing (inc ACL and Posix Permission's management), DHCP, DNS Some Linux knowledge would be beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting macOS Deployment Workflows/Tools (Jenkins CI, Munki, Bootstrappr, Reposado, Profile Manager, Cisco Meraki System Manager).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Command Line and Scripting (Bash and Python).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with configuring and supporting firewalls, switches, wireless access points (Sonicwall, Brocade, Ubiquiti, Cisco Meraki).
- Knowledge and Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V Failover Clustering, SQL Failover Clustering, RDS Environment, Active Directory.
- Must have a track record of being able to work alongside all levels of users
- Must have a flexible approach to task and working hours
Are you a macOS-focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo is a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in macOS and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line Mac (was Mac OSX) and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers. Looking for skills in macOS, Jamf, G Suite, Salesforce, VOIP, Bash scripting. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect macOS (Mac OSX) IT role. Anne Rooke - Mac IT Recruiter - Specialist Mac IT Recruitment