City of London, London
£24000 - £26000 per annum + Excellent benefits
10 months ago
IMMEDIATELY REQUIRED - macOS 1st and 2nd line IT Support Analyst
A permanent role mainly office based but with around a day a week working from home also.
macOS and Windows PC - macOS IT Support - Creative Agency - London - Helpdesk, email including Outlook, Office 365, Microsoft Office, iOS support, AV system support, Adobe Creative Cloud, Active Directory, Zoom, Slack
- As macOS IT Support Analyst - you will have good knowledge of macOS (Mac OS X) - communication skills and enthusiasm and willingness to learn are important too.
- Providing Apple Mac IT remote and deskside support, troubleshooting, and providing Mac-focused IT support for desktop applications including Microsoft Office, MS Office.
- You will also provide Mac helpdesk support using remote access as well as deskside.
- It is a busy creative environment - it is key you have the right personality to fit in with this.
You will be working within the Mac IT support team. providing macOS IT support to busy deadline driven users - it is a fast-paced environment and you will provide remote support to those using VPN access.
You will be the first point of contact and will be trained and able to escalate any problems you are unable to solve. This role is part of a team where the other members of the team will have more experience than you and you will be given plenty of training and guidance.
As Apple Mac macOS (was OSX) IT Support Analyst:
- You should have excellent communication skills
- Be a keen and fast learner and be enthusiastic about helping users.
- The working environment is relaxed but extremely professional, so the successful candidate must be able to operate effectively in a highly creative atmosphere and be a real team player joining the IT team there.
- Cultural fit is important to success in this role, so you must be proactive and outgoing.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year's experience working on an IT Helpdesk or similar front office IT support role. We are looking for candidates with experience supporting the following:
- macOS (essential)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Microsoft Office for both Apple Mac & Windows
- Understanding of basic networking principles including DNS & DHCP
- Video conferencing, calls and Slack
What you will be doing:
- Log and maintain an accurate record of support calls using the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Provide a broad range of technical support to 150+ users.
- Provide functional help and assistance via phone, email, remote access or desk side.
- Setting up video calls and supporting these and Slack
- Escalate support calls efficiently to ensure they are resolved by the senior member of IT.
- Work closely with the IT team to maintain the IT infrastructure sharing knowledge with other team members.
- Manage hardware loan stock ensuring laptops and iPads are charged and cleared of data. Maintain stock levels of adapters, chargers, cables etc.
- Perform daily walkaround of meeting rooms ensuring they are tidy of cables and IT accessories.
- Perform daily check of all printers ensuring they are free from faults.
- Perform fortnightly check of meeting room IT equipment to ensure they are fully functioning for meetings.
- Provide desktop hardware and software support to all staff members.
- Assist staff in setting up IT equipment in meeting rooms.
- Provide weekly status reports to ongoing user issues and raise common problems that can be addressed to prevent future occurrences.
- Ensure all administration and procedural documentation is kept up to date.
- Maintain accurate information on the computer asset management system ensuring all information for new hardware is added, old hardware is removed, and current hardware details are correct.
- Ad Hoc IT support tasks as and when required/appropriate.
- Creation of new user accounts
- Archiving and removal of accounts when staff leave
- Setup new user computers and phones.
- Upon leaving, users' computer and phone accounts are archived and removed. Data is provided to line manager or relevant team member. Hardware is re-provisioned.
As Mac IT Support Analyst you must have Apple macOS IT troubleshooting skills, be well organised and able to work under pressure to deadlines in a busy environment. You must be self-motivated and positive with a good deskside manner. You will be helpful to other members of the team and be confident, punctual and reliable.
Apple macOS - Mac 2nd line IT Support - Creative Agency - Central London - Email including Outlook, Office 365, Microsoft Office, iOS support, AV system support, Adobe Creative Cloud, Active Directory, Azure, Jamf, intune, Zoom, Slack
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Anne Rooke at Eligo is a leading Mac IT Technical Recruitment Consultant specialising in macOS (Mac OSX) and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line macOS and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us - Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple macOS IT Recruitment at Eligo - let us help you secure your perfect macOS IT support role.