City of London, London
£41000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits and bonus
6 months ago
Application Support Analyst - Linux based
- Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl or Python coding, PHP, LAMP stack plus monitoring and Alerting Systems (Grafana, Munin) and Ticketing/workflow Systems such as Jira and shared knowledge systems such as Confluence.
As Application Support Analyst - Linux - you will ideally have experience supporting C-level executives within a banking, trading or Fintech environment as well as excellent communication skills and common sense.
This is a fantastic role and Company - London City-based.
Generous salary, benefits and extremely generous annual bonus.
You will be fully trained to understand the Company application and business in depth.
- 2nd and 3rd line support issues, but also advanced Application Support internal and external tickets.
- Production issues and client integrations tickets, increasing your technical and business skills.
- You will be able to work with our software's base code, test and release your code and system changes to Production.
- The applications delivering the services have significant server-based data processing components and a behind-the-scenes data gateway systems. The Company services are delivered over the internet via an interactive user interface.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small growing successful company at the point where a Support Analyst is required to help the Support team grow more and handle more complicated and advanced Production issues and tickets.
As Application Support Analyst - Linux in essence you should:
- Be able to investigate and resolve complex level 2 and 3 Production issues impacting internal systems and clients and be responsive on time to internal and external client queries and support level 1,2 and 3 tickets
- High level of knowledge in Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, LAMP stack
- Monitoring and Alerting Systems (e.g. Grafana, Munin)
- Ticketing / workflow Systems (e.g. Jira) and shared knowledge systems (e.g. Confluence) Requirements:
- Good degree in Computer Science or related field
- Very good Unix/Linux, SQL knowledge to be able to work on daily Production issues
- Perl or Python programming knowledge
- Ability to apply previous support experience in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, punctual, organised, responsible
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Ability to understand quickly and in depth big complex systems
- Knowledge of encryption protocols, tools and browser security
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols (i.e. FTP/SFTP)
- Experience with networking and firewalls
- Development experience
- Business knowledge of financial products
- Message MQ, Kafka, JVM, Scala
Are you a macOS (formerly Mac OSX) or Linux focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac and Linux IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in macOS, Linux and multi-platform Mac/PC and Linux IT support roles. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Linux or Mac IT support role. Anne Rooke - Linux Recruiter, - Specialist Mac and Linux Recruitment