£30000 - £38000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Lighting Designer Main Tasks
- Support the sales team and lighting project engineers with lighting design and technical support
- Prepare detailed drawings, take offs, schedules, datasheets and plans (manually, or using CAD, BIM or specialist modelling and visualisation software).
- Brief and liaise with electrical contractors.
- Coordinate with other departments and colleagues
- Monitor technical compliance of products
- Liaising with product designers
- Liaising third-party suppliers.
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations.
- Assists internal sales order processing staff
- Determine and manage own personal workload
- Design a lighting concept for a project that is both functional and appealing
- Determine how the concept can be implemented in a time and cost-efficient way.
- Liaise with customers from concept to completion of projects
Lighting Designer Essential Skills
- At least 2 years' experience of exterior & interior lighting market
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly and concisely
- Combination of artistic skill and technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of technical lighting design, and product application capabilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD and experience with relevant lighting design packages (Dialux, Evo Relux, AGi32)
- Lighting design training or an industry recognised standard.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, results orientated and able to work as part of a team
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 DOE