£50000 - £75000 per annum
5 months ago
Wanted: A Lead Perl Developer to undertake and own new projects for an Ecommerce business.
Have you got what it takes to become Lead Perl Developer, to manage and mentor junior Per developers?
You will earn a competitive salary of £65000-£70,000 and utilise your web hosting expertise to engineer and develop features for the company's web application hosting platform. You will be fully responsible for quality assurance testing, including functional, performance/scalability and regression testing.
Not just anyone can take on the role of Lead Perl Developer without key technical skills and experience;
- Bachelor's degree in and IT related discipline with 2+ years of experience with OO Perl and web hosting technologies.
- Experience with Apache Web Server (including Apache modules), and other web technologies and tool such as HTTP, XML, REST.
- Expertise in Linux/Unix, System Administration and the ability to reverse-engineer legacy code.
- Exposure and experience with Java programming and development tools such as C, PHP, Ruby + Ruby on rails & MySQL.
You will apply and develop your diverse and functional skills in the role of Lead Perl Developer;
- Your ability to keep to strict deadlines will allow you to be responsible for platform delivery including packaging, installation and configuration.
- Your knack for problem-solving and getting to the root cause of a problem will enable you to manage platform support including troubleshooting, contribution to root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- You are pragmatic and will identify and assess risks, determining to impact to platform and mitigation plans.
If you're looking to develop your Perl developer career in a collaborative and client focused environment whilst delivering engineering services to clients, apply now!