£95000 - £120000 per annum + attractive package (Inc Bonus)
10 months ago
This role is fully Remote
What makes a great engineering team to you?
Is it a collaborative and agile work environment full of intelligent and passionate people?
How about a company that respects developers for their unique talents, and empowers them to achieve their best?
With a leader that is encouraged to support individual engineer ownership and autonomy over tasks?
Our client thinks so too.
This is why they are proud of their 20+ team of engineers and need a mentor like you to lead them.
They are looking for a Head of Engineering to work with the Product Manager and build out the product roadmap for the team.
What can you bring to the table?
- You will ideally have 7+ years working in an agile development environment.
- You will need to be a hands on developer using Java
- You are a natural leader and people person, with experience in leading a team through several product cycles.
- You are both player and coach, able to utilise your expertise in Microservice and Micro-frontend written in Java, Node Lambada and React, to provide guidance during code, design, and architecture reviews.
- A passion for technology and modernisation and always on top of latest developments.
- You are also comfortable working on legacy systems and older frameworks, and knowing when to replace a system, upgrade the framework or leave as is dependant the situation.
Day to day responsibilities as Head of Engineering
- As Head of Engineering you'll be managing, mentoring and providing career growth guidance for a team of 20+ Java, Front End and Full Stack Engineers.
- Be key part of defining the product roadmap alongside the product team, offering technical knowledge and requirements with a drive for good ROI in roadmap discussions.
- Produce base system designs and work with scrum teams to iterate and implement those designs.
- Be active in triaging new issues and help the product team make go/no-go decisions based on the feature's ROI.
What can you expect in this Head of Engineering role?
- Expect to grow your career as a lead and mentor for a global software company.
- Fully Remote
- Expect salary of £100,000, private medical coverage and corporate bonus.
- Expect the autonomy of taking good ideas and running with them to pursue the best outcome.
So, if you are an engineer tech lead, looking to progress your career to Head of Engineering then apply today!