City of London, London
£25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, private healthcare, 25 days holiday
7 months ago
Graduate Application Linux Support Analyst (Financial Services)
Challenging and unique opportunity for a Computer Science graduate to join a small FinTech company in the heart of the Liverpool St area as a Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst. This unique role is different to your typical support role, with read/write access to the system Perl base code - so you will be using scripting skills (ideally Perl or Python) to make changes, test and release your code.
As Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst you will be passionate about finance and technology. In addition, you will have an appetite and thirst for knowledge and learning quickly, as well as the ability to apply your existing knowledge and problem-solving skills in a fast paced, demanding environment.
You should have a calm approach as Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst and thrive on managing incidents, solving problems and applying fixes and solutions. Communication skills are important, and you should have a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritise time critical incidents - being happy to pick up the phone rather than sending an email!
You will receive full assistance and training from the support and development team as you progress the steep learning curve from Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst to becoming an expert in their application and business field.
Essential Requirements for the role of Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst:
- Good background in Computer Science degree (2:1+) or in a related field
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux OS commands including command line, manipulation of files and permission changes - you're not expected to have Administrator level knowledge!
- Basic SQL/MySQL knowledge including understanding of SQL queries, schema, and connections between tables
- Basic knowledge of one or more open source programming language(s), Perl or Python is preferable, but Java, C or C++ is also acceptable - you need to have a strong grasp of your chosen language
- Understanding of Incident Management - ITIL experience beneficial, you should be able to demonstrate you can cope with following procedures and communicate to relevant people
- Interest in Financial Services and aptitude for complex problem solving - mathematical/statistics background would be beneficial
In return for your hard work as Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst, you will be provided a generous base salary for a graduate, along with a great benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, private medical healthcare, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, as well as many other perks!
Interested? Please click apply for more information about this role as Graduate Technical Linux Support Analyst