£35000 - £40000 per annum
6 months ago
Estimator Role Overview
The role of the Estimator is to oversee and lead the day-to-day operation of the Quotations Team. Primary responsibilities would include managing the quotation process to ensure the on-time and accurate submission of pricing along with any additional information for the supply of lighting solutions.
Estimator Essential Skills
- At least 2 years people management experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Estimator Main Tasks
- Quote product prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and offer substitute products where appropriate.
- Proactively lead, motivate and develop the quotation team and provide guidance and training to create an outstanding "customer first" focused attitude.
- Collate and analyse our success rate on opportunities.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships, communicate with customers, both external and internal to provide technical information Participate in product meetings, seminars and training to enhance and maintain product knowledge and ensure technical compliance.
- Identify, quantify and manage technical and contractual obligations and commercial risks on opportunities.
- Liaise with internal and external partners to ensure quotes are returned on time as well as provide a high level of commercial and technical response.
- Qualify and prioritise workload and formulate a strategy for response within project timescales.
- Continuously develop processes to improve time, cost and risk management.
Estimator Desirable Skills
- Experience in leading contract negotiations
- Experience working within the electrical sector is a must
- Knowledge of SAP System
- Ability to work with standard and non-standard forms of contract and commercial clauses
- Understanding/experience of site practice and construction industry contracts
- Ideally qualified to PRINCE level 2