Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Excellant benefits package
10 days ago
Rapidly growing start-up based in Central Birmingham, who are at the forefront of utilising Artificial Intelligence to improve ecommerce and help retails better connect with customise online are hiring for an additional Devops engineer to join the team. You will work and collaborate within a team which contains some of the best developers and researchers in Birmingham on a product which is using artificial intelligence to change the landscape of the internet using a cutting-edge tech stack working with AWS/gcp, Linux, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Go/Bash/
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Ability to construct and manage large system architectures.
- Experience with Containerisation technologies such as Docker.
- Experience with Container Orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad etc)
- Experience and exposure to cloud architectures (such as AWS and GCP - GCP prefered but not essential)
- Infrastructure as Code, preferably Hashicorp Terraform or Azure ARM templates
- Experience with programming languages - any language is fine, we're looking for people who can employ methodologies rather than the language choice.
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix etc)
- Working knowledge of what KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) to track for applications and Infrastructure
- CI/CD tooling (Gitlab, Travis, Circle etc)
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit
- 3+ Years of Industry experience
Wide range of benefits on offer including 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell back 5 more. Flexible starting hours (between 8:00 and 10:00), every employee gets £1000 personal budget to spend on conferences and training a year, company healthcare plan with, Quarterly team events and paternity leave is 4 weeks at 100% pay.
Please apply if interested.