Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Excellant benefits package
11 months ago
Rapidly growing start-up based in Central Birmingham, who are at the forefront of utilising Artificial Intelligence to improve ecommerce and help retails better connect with customise online are hiring for an additional Devops engineer to join the team. You will work and collaborate within a team which contains some of the best developers and researchers in Birmingham on a product which is using artificial intelligence to change the landscape of the internet using a cutting-edge tech stack working with AWS/gcp, Linux, Kubernetes and PostgreSQL.
- Manage and develop the cloud based system infrastructure
- Service uptime & performance metrics
- Security, scalability and reliability of cloud platform
- Design and build scalable, reliable, secure and performant cloud based infrastructure
- Maintain the present server infrastructure (patch, monitor availability & overall health)
- Ensure and advocate redundancy, scalability and security in all our work
- Take ownership of disaster recovery and backup strategies
- Take ownership of prioritising, responding to and handling server issues
- Take ownership of the deployment process throughout all environments and ensuring that best practice is followed when it comes to release management.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Factoring in the size, scope of this role & where we are on our journey the impact you could have is unique. You'll need to be hands on, dedicated and reliable with a number of years experience building scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Ideally you will be someone who communicates well with engineering, cloud providers and the broader team, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to build and support key system infrastructure.
- 3+ years in a technical role such as Devops Engineer, Systems Administrator or Site Reliability Engineer, or equivalent in production cloud environments, delivering customer-facing web applications and/or online services
- Knowledge and experience of core services within cloud platforms, ideally GCP or AWS
- Familiar with security and good knowledge of firewalls, VPNs, IDE or SIEM and end point protection.
- Experience with both NoSQL and SQL database administration
- Experience managing a Linux based server environment, ideally using Ubuntu.
- Experience using containerisation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes or ECS
- Tech agnostic mindset with a proven experience to identify and learn new systems, languages and frameworks
- Enthusiastic positive attitude, yet disciplined and detailed-oriented
Wide range of benefits on offer including 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell back 5 more. Flexible starting hours (between 8:00 and 10:00), every employee gets £1000 personal budget to spend on conferences and training a year, company healthcare plan with, Quarterly team events and paternity leave is 4 weeks at 100% pay.
Please apply if interested.