£70000 - £80000 per annum + Fully Remote
2 months ago
This Ecomerce site are looking to expand not ony their DevOps team but their whole DevOps ethos and you will be involved with that. They are looking for a change of Mindset and you will be heavily involved. You will bring your own DevOps experience to this talented team
- Develop, implement and support the businesses production, test and development Linux environments.
- Collaborate with the development and software support teams to understand infrastructure requirements.
- Perform the technical elements of businesses' end user software releases, working closely with a dedicated Release Manager.
- Work closely with the support teams to provide knowledge and training.
- Monitoring the Server and Application environment.
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required, and perform log analysis.
- Fix issues during deployment or coordinate fixes, where necessary.
- Mentor junior team members where required and assist in their development.
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in support and manage releases
- Solid experience working as an administrator within a Linux environment, (mainly CentOS/Redhat).
- Configuration and system management with tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Spacewalk or Chef.
- Infrastructure management using HashiCorp Terraform
- Container orchestration with Google Kubernetes, AWS ECS or equivalents
- Distributed key-value store with HashiCorp Consul or etcd
- Database experience preferably PostgreSQL. MySQL is also desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services or equivalent cloud provider
- Scripting and experience ideally with Python.
- Open source web servers/load balancers, e.g. Apache, Nginx, HAProxy
- Source control tools such as Git or SVN
- Good technical understanding of web services.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols.
- Experience with redundancy/high availability solutions.
- It would be a bonus to have experience of administration or deployment to Microsoft environments
- Good understanding of the full software delivery life-cycle using Scrum and test-driven development
- Experience in working within small and medium, fast-paced organisations