£40000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
This Kent based Ecomerce site are looking to expand not ony their DevOps team but their whole DevOps ethos and you will be involved with that. They are looking for a change of Mindset and you will be heavily involved. You will bring your own DevOps experience to this young but talented team
- Develop, implement and support the businesses production, test and development Linux environments.
- Collaborate with the development and software support teams to understand infrastructure requirements.
- Perform the technical elements of businesses' end user software releases, working closely with a dedicated Release Manager.
- Work closely with the support teams to provide knowledge and training.
- Monitoring the Server and Application environment.
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required, and perform log analysis.
- Fix issues during deployment or coordinate fixes, where necessary.
- Mentor junior team members where required and assist in their development.
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in support and manage releases
- Solid experience working as an administrator within a Linux environment, (mainly CentOS/Redhat).
- Configuration and system management with tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Spacewalk or Chef.
- Infrastructure management using HashiCorp Terraform
- Container orchestration with Google Kubernetes, AWS ECS or equivalents
- Distributed key-value store with HashiCorp Consul or etcd
- Database experience preferably PostgreSQL. MySQL is also desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services or equivalent cloud provider
- Scripting and experience ideally with Python.
- Open source web servers/load balancers, e.g. Apache, Nginx, HAProxy
- Source control tools such as Git or SVN
- Good technical understanding of web services.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols.
- Experience with redundancy/high availability solutions.
- It would be a bonus to have experience of administration or deployment to Microsoft environments
- Good understanding of the full software delivery life-cycle using Scrum and test-driven development
- Experience in working within small and medium, fast-paced organisations