£35000 - £45000 per annum + car, pension, bonus
4 months ago
I am seeking an experienced and qualified Operations Manager who ideally stems from a 'Fire & Security System' engineering background, who also 'ideally' lives in a good commutable distance from the Wembley area or close surrounds.
This role is paying around the £45k mark with a very attractive package on top.
What I am looking for:
- Engineering background and Management background.
- My client needs a leader of the office, a go to person and a team player.
- Be able to manage a mixture of personalities within both office and engineering!!
- They need to have been involved with all types of work/jobs, from a call out to a 1 year project, Engineering experience is a must, Project Management is a bonus
- Strong leadership needed
- Ability to manage
- Pro active
- Enthusiastic and organised
- Needs to trust in own authority
- Needs to be organised and pro active
- Computer literate
You will be heading up and looking after both teams - engineering AND Admin:
- The engineering team consists of 15 engineers, all different ages and nationalities.
- The office team consisting of 15 staff, all different ages and personalities.
*It is importmant that you consider, ou will be located at the office majority of time, there will be times when visiting new sites and also meeting engineers on site and arranging meetings away from office with engineering team*
Duties of the role, please consider carefully:
- Scheduling & managing Engineers:
- Ensuring jobs are adequately resourced, and costed for.
- Tracking engineers productivity
- Engineer welfare
- Bookings completed for a rolling 6-8 week period
- Managing subcontractor Work Orders, and scheduling
- Signing off pre-approved Overtime.
- Managing the Procurement Coordinator
- Dealing with Engineers general needs: Tools, uniforms & plant.
- Producing & approving RAMs for Small Works & Fibre Network Teams.
- Manage queries from Project Managers and Surveyors and liaise with them on bookings
- Second in line to receive call from ARC in the event of on call engineer not answering in escalation process Back Office Management
- Produce a Completed File for handover to Service Dept when PM involved with project, ensure PM has completed
- Managing URN applications, Keyholder forms, signed agreements, PO's etc
- Invoicing: Deposits, Progress Claims, Retentions, VAT exemptions, Variations, and Final Completion
- Approve Quotes from all Business Units
- Chasing & Closing of all open Quotes
- Assisting with Credit Control where required
- Managing NSI & BAFE duties, including audits
- Management of Issuing & invoicing of NSI applications, approval & Certificates
If you are interested in this role and you meet with all of the criteria above, please do not hestiate in applying, we will contact you in due course to move things to the next stage.
We look forward to hearing from you.