West End, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent benefits
4 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Cloud Engineer to strengthen a talented Technical Services Team. As a member of the team, the emphasis will be on providing high-quality technical services, delivery, and higher-tier support. You will also take responsibility for ticket ownership and follow-up, job coordination, and document the scope of works to other members of the team. This role has been created to support the rapid expansion of the company and would suit a highly competent individual with strong communication and technical skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience and/or certification in the following areas:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (or higher)
- Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (or higher)
- MCSA / MCSE (or equivalent)
- VMware VCP
- Other Operating System Experience (iOS, Android, Linux)
- Provide Tier 3 support and implementation tasks for Windows Server 2012 R2+ (Active Directory, Group Policy, File and Print Sharing, DNS, RDS, High Availability options)
- Provide Microsoft 365 Support, implementation, and migration tasks (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, Endpoint Manager (formerly InTune), Azure AD, OneDrive for Business, PowerShell Online, Directory Sync, and Identity Management).
- You will be responsible for network troubleshooting and diagnostics fundamentals (General Network Connectivity, TCP/IP v4, DHCP, DNS).
- Involvement in Solution architecture/design, including liaising with customers to understand their needs and the technical solutions that can be put in place to address them.
- Solution build and implementation.
- Involvement with VMware vSphere (v6+) / Hyper-V (2012 R2+) Administration and VM Deployment
- The Senior Microsoft Solutions Engineer will be required to manage and resolve customer and infrastructure alerts and events, impacting System BAU operations.
- You will be part of the extended hours' call rota. The 24-hour rota is in place for any escalations that come through after hours.
- Assisting Tier 1 and Tier 2 Engineers, this includes training, supporting, upskilling, and knowledge transfer where appropriate.
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 desktop support for Windows 10 Devices (Client Support in a managed environment, OS Troubleshooting, Client Software Support (Microsoft Office Applications, Endpoint Protection Solutions, Other Common Productivity, and B2B Packages).
- Experience providing Tier 3 support within an Enterprise Windows Environment.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in questioning and listening.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with strong attention to detail and exceptional standards in quality of work.
- Strong and effective communication skills both verbally via the telephone and in writing via emails.
- Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers when necessary.
- A strong understanding of technology and how multiple platforms and services interoperate.
- Security mindset, considering the ramifications and considerations of client security when implementing and supporting solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; managing conflicting priorities and achieving deadlines.
- Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; team player
- Ability to drive continual improvements (both internally and to our clients) through the use of technology and process implementation and refinement
- Manage customer expectations ensuring a smooth and efficient process, report back requested information in a timely manner
Fast-growing, highly accredited, and award-winning technology company specialising in supplying software, IT hardware, training, and managed service solutions to both public and private sectors.
Salary and Benefits
Circa £50-60K per annum, though possible flex for an exceptional candidate
- Gym Membership contribution
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Free will writing service
- Long service bonuses
- Borrow my doggie membership
- Increased annual leave with length of service
- And much more
Are you an IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo is a leading IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in IT recruitment. Roles include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line, System and Network Administrators, Cloud Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect IT role. Anne Rooke - IT Recruiter - Specialist IT Recruitment