West End, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Great Package
about 1 year ago
Oct / Nov 2019
Clojure Engineer (Functional Programming)
A very well-established and massively successful Tech start-up based in Central London, are now looking to expand their core development team and add skilled Clojure Engineers to the mix!
You will be joining a couple of senior Clojure Engineers who are slowly introducing the language into the stack, working on greenfield projects adding to and building out the core platform.
You will need to be a strong functional programmer at heart, with a keen interest in Clojure!
This is a very exciting time to join as you will be helping to build a new team from scratch and play a key role in the adoption of Clojure into the core tech-stack. You will be given the opportunity to guide and mentor new and existing engineers in the ways of Clojure whilst always being supported by a fantastic leadership team.
As the successful Clojure Engineer, you will need to have a strong mixture the following:
- Solid experience / understanding of functional programming, ideally with exposure to Clojure
- Developed with at least one of the following: Java, Python or Ruby, utilising web application framework techniques.
- Experience with the standard Clojure web/db stack (Ring, Java JDBC), and awareness of API query languages
- Good understanding of secure coding practices and experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum and KanBan
- Experience with scaling an application and/or its hosting environment to support increases in traffic
The development team in this business work in a fluid Agile environment and they pride themselves on producing well structured, readable code whilst having a strong emphasis on TDD. They love people who are continuously learning and pushing themselves to improve and who can ideally contribute new ideas to existing problems moving forward.
For this role - there will be a very competitive base salary on offer (well above industry average), coupled with an impressive benefits package - including things like; work from home options, private medical and regular lunch and learning sessions that include talks from external industry specialists etc. - making this a very attractive opportunity all-round!
If this sounds like it could be a good fit, do get in touch with me - Damien Ollerhead - with your CV / Profile in the first instance and we can set up a call.