£80000 - £110000 per annum + 20% bonus
4 months ago
The Business Development Director is responsible for the acquisition of new services business within tier one financial services organisations. The successful candidate will capitalise on our clients established reputation as a trusted advisor in financial services IT.
Business Development Director responsibilities will include:
- Educating clients on the service capabilities
- Establishing and developing a pipeline of IT services business opportunities
- Establishing and refreshing preferred supplier relationships with target clients
- Make sure our client is invited to formal procurement process such as RFIs, RFPs, ITTs
- Maintaining regular contact with key client stakeholders
- Engaging with clients at an early stage to qualify the opportunity
- Develop a strong understanding of the bid process and competitive landscape.
You will be an experienced IT services sales professional with a developing network and reputation in the financial services sector.
Business Development Director attributes, skills and experiences will include:
- Understanding of the consulting and delivery services business in UK financial institutions.
- Track record of winning services business.
- Drive and capability to lead sales engagements and be accountable for delivering against targets.
- Changes affecting the industry including payments, regulatory compliance
- Infrastructural changes and commercial opportunities
- Effectively engage with senior stakeholders in the establishment of commercial partnerships rather than vendor relationships.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to manage a negotiation of complex IT services deals
- Typically seeking to establish a small footprint to demonstrate capability and a foundation from which to grow.
- A good understanding of the IT services marketplace within the financial services industry
- Confidence presenting at c-level.
- Excellent written skills, removing complexity where possible in both internal and external correspondence.