£45000 - £51000 per annum
4 months ago
Advanced Practice Physiotherapist in London
Are you a Advanced Practice Physiotherapist available to work in London?
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will demonstrate expert clinical skills in the assessment, diagnosis and initial treatment of all musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Working at an expert level in the assessment of musculoskeletal conditions with high level of autonomy.
- Making a comprehensive assessment and high-level clinical decisions on the most appropriate care pathway for patients referred to the service through use of expert knowledge and liaison with other key professionals.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of the Biopsychosocial Model of patient care and implement this model in the early intervention phase for the patients.
- To work as a lone practitioner when required and be comfortable with own skills and knowledge
- Develop a support system with other professionals in similar fields.
- Use outcome measures as part of your clinical approach.
- Demonstrate understanding of the most recent approaches to spinal pain.
- Act as an expert available to other professions seeking guidance on the treatment of MSK conditions.
- To provide patient education on such topics as body mechanics, anatomy and physiology and specific information on clinical conditions in both one-to-one and group situations.
- To maintain accurate records.
- To communicate effectively, using a variety of methods, with all service users, members of the team and those outside the service.
- To convey unwelcome news of a highly distressing nature regarding a patient's poor diagnosis. Provide support to other staff with such matters. Although not acceptable, these patients and their carers may use verbal or physical aggression and subject the therapist to varying levels of physical or verbal abuse. All such incidents must be reported to the appropriate person, in line with organisational Policies.
- To communicate effectively with all stakeholders (including patients, clinical colleagues, administrative colleagues, receptionists, and external healthcare professionals etc.) on challenging matters and in challenging situations in line with current procedures. Ensuring effective patient management and working in collaboration with and/or referring to NHS colleagues in hospital and community settings.
- Prescribe diagnostic tests e.g.: x-ray, blood tests and MRI Scan following period of training.
- Triage individuals as required by telephone/paper triage and complete appropriate paperwork and make accurate recommendations based on the findings of the triage and in line with the MSK clinical pathways.
- Referral directly to acute & other provider services.
- Other advanced practice agreed locally by general practitioners and Trust consultants.
What will you receive working with Eligo?
- Fast track registration with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant
- Jobs with a wide variety of medical opportunities, rates, locations, and institutions available
- Top rates of pay paid weekly through our in-house payroll function
With over 20 years' combined experience in placing Locum GP's, Nurses, and Non-Clinical staff, the Eligo Medical team have an ethos of providing a dedicated, specialist consultant to candidates, and a high-quality service delivered promptly and professionally.
Is this work suitable? If not, get in touch and advise us what it is you are looking for, and we will make every effort to find it for you. Alternatively, if you know anyone else who might be interested, we offer a great referral bonus of up to £200!