Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£23000 - £25000 per annum + plus bonus, full benefit package
25 days ago
PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Technical Support Desk
SUPPORTING ENGINEERS OVER THE PHONE
Access Control Systems, Door Entry Systems
OFFICE BASED ROLE
About my client:
My client is one of the fastest-growing manufacturers of Door Entry, CCTV, Home Automation, Access Control, Intruder Alarm and Fire Alarm systems in the electronic security market at the moment, with over 60 years of experience, their products are sold in over 80 countries worldwide through an extensive technical and sales network.
I am seeking a PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER / TECHNICAL SUPPORT to be based out of my client's Centre of Excellence of Access Control in Manchester.
You will be offering technical support to both installers and engineers on my client's systems, you will receive full training on products and systems.
You must be excellent with customer service and building rapport.
- Wythenshawe, office based role.
- Candidates must deliver a high standard of customer system and product support.
- Within this role you will work within the support team and will be required to resolve first initial telephone calls within the department as well as escalate calls to the 2nd Line team.
- This role is paying up to £25k plus £2k bonus, you will be office based.
- Have experience of working with Electrical/Electronics systems and equipment
- Knowledge in the Intruder/Access service/Installation industry or similar would be a massive advantage
- Will consider candidates from other technical backgrounds however such as Whitegoods, Domestic applications Electrical Hardware etc.
- Technically minded
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Stem from an engineering or help desk background, or something similar
- Must be receptive to training and development
- Articulate with social ability to talk confidently over the telephone.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To keep up to date with new hardware & software product releases
- Assist 2nd Line support with further developments regarding monitored key sites and customers
- Promote and provide technical advice for legacy site upgrades to current product
- Aid in the provision of technical support collateral in all media forms.
- Identify possible training requirements of installation/maintenance customers, and encourage the training thereof
- Maintain a flexible attitude to working hours
- Undertake the occasional site visits for the consultation, investigation or rectification of related technical issues
- To work with the field sales at the system specification stage
- Providing proactive and consistently high levels of customer service and to demonstrate commercial awareness in regards to the customer support provided
If you are interested in this role, please do not delay in applying, you can contact me on 0208 971 1893, if you wish to dicuss in more detail. email email@example.com