About this case study
Our client, a global leader in digital cinema software services were seeking to recruit a DevOps specialist engineer to insist with an ongoing project.
Arts Alliance Media are a global leader in digital cinema software services and host a unique award-winning online marketplace for cinema where exhibitors can access the latest in new technologies and software solutions.
Arts Alliance Media contacted us during a vital on-going project that urgently required more talented DevOps engineers. Their ideal candidate? Exceptional DevOps capabilities, previous experience working within a team on this type of long-term project, a contributor towards the company culture and values, and able to easily commute to their offices.
The first challenge was obvious; finding someone that met all the above criteria that were also open to moving to a company such as Arts Alliance Media. This was quickly
compounded by the shorter time-scale because of the need for these Developers for the on-going project. The other challenges emerge from this; placed firmly at the centre of the Dev Ops market speaking to both hiring companies and candidates every day, it’s clear that ours is currently a candidate-led market, and there is a lack of active
candidates. As candidates are able to take their pick of options, clients need to take a much more strategical approach to their entire hiring and recruitment process, from
the initial attraction stage, to interview process, and even the type of working environment and perks offered at the company.
Our approach is simple; it’s all about you. This extends from the focus on training and development and creation of an enjoyable work environment to our work with our
candidates and clients. Ultimately, when you partner with Eligo you’re not just receiving a Recruitment supplier, you’re receiving a business partner as well.
The key to finding the best DevOps candidates for businesses like AAM is to fully understand the requirements and needs of both parties. This is why our approach is different to many of the CV spray and pray agencies or the majority of other DevOps firms in the market.
Undertaking the project
Working according to our recruitment process with flexibility according to AAM’s needs we set about on the following steps:
- Firstly, fully understand AAM’s core values, technologies, working practices and longterm goals to ensure that candidates we found aligned with their own internal culture and values and would succeed as a long-term hire beneficial to the company.
- Actively source via our extensive network and database of DevOps specialists, built up from our approach to working with candidates and their market.
- Networking online was key, utilising LinkedIn and its recruiter capabilities but also alternative software focused sites such as GitHub and Stack Exchange.
- Talent and pipelining in the technology community: We’ve built long-lasting relationships with contacts in the market by attending tech meetups and sponsoring tech events. As a recruitment agency, we are only as strong as our network and our success is down to the strengths of our relationships within the Technology community, which is far-reaching.
- Referral Network: Using our network and referrals within it, we were able to identify top DevOps candidates that would thrive within a company such as AAM. The fact that nearly 60% of our connections come through referrals is a demonstration of our strong reputation and the value of our service.
- Creative and targeted advertisements: With access to multiple generalist and specialist job avert platforms we implemented innovative advert writing techniques alongside direct mailshots and SMS campaigns.
Outcome and beyond
An ideal candidate was put forward to the position and after two face-to-face meetings, the position was offered and accepted on both sides. From beginning the hiring process, we dealt with the pre-qualification of potential candidates to the coordination of interviews and feedback, to the full on-boarding process, whilst offering our further insight and knowledge of the industry through salary surveys and whitepapers. Since the placement AAM decided to continue our partnership across other technology roles within the business. This has led to multiple placements at AAM and huge growth across the business as a whole, making the decision to use Eligo a sound investment.
The Client Partnership
From the start of the hiring process, we dealt with the pre-qualification of potential candidates to the coordination of interviews and feedback, to the full on-boarding
process, whilst offering our further insight and knowledge of the industry through salary surveys and whitepapers. Since the placement with Arts Alliance Media, the
client decided to utilise our sourcing and hiring services across other technology roles within the business. This has led to multiple other placements at Arts Alliance Media,
and huge growth across the business as a whole, making the decision to use Eligo as a recruitment supplier a sound investment.
What makes Eligo different is the amount of time they invest in getting to grips with my company’s requirements – not only in terms of the
technologies but also the cultural requirement. They also invest a lot of time engaging with Technology professionals outside of their regular
`office hours` attending numerous meetups and developer conferences, I believe this is key to Eligo Technology’s recruitment success.
Peter Finann, Arts Alliance Media