Providing powerful monitoring for IT Networks large or small, Opsview is relied upon by some of the world’s biggest organisations, working across the EMEA and US regions.
Enjoying substantial growth, with plans across the entire business to rapidly expand, there was a specific immediate need for experienced, quality Perl Developers within the organisation. Opsview required a solution which ensured that their recruitment needs were met in line with their future growth plans, having not found suitable candidates through both internal resourcing and the utilisation of a number of agencies.
- Based in Reading, there was a specific need for the right candidates to be found that were either located or willing to relocate to the area.
- Top Perl Developers are notoriously difficult to find and located primarily within the London area which in turn brings higher salaries.
- A need to consistently bring in high-quality candidates in line with growth plans
- Understanding client needs - It’s important to us to fully understand the needs of the client, the culture of the company, and gain a detailed understanding of the complexities of the role and their perfect candidate. As such our first step was to meet in person and discuss these areas.
- Sourcing - We undertook the sourcing of suitable candidates through a number of channels.
- The Perl Community - We have forged lasting relationships and connections within and throughout the Perl community, including with the Thames Valley Perlmongers and the London Perl Workshop (at which we regularly present). We were able to utilise this extensive network and referrals, as well as the largest database of Perl developers in Europe.
- Our Website - Our website brand provides a destination for advertisements as well as an area in which our Perl Recruitment specialists post regular expert content for interested candidates.
- Web Presence - Additionally we are currently ranked #1 on google for the search “Perl Recruiters” with top results for other variant searches.
- Social + Digital Media – Eligo have a dedicated Marketing team who actively engage with both candidates and clients whilst sharing industry news, advice, and available positions.
- Advertising – Our team have substantial access to multiple generalist and specialist job advertisement and candidate search platforms, supported by a significant budget.
- Screening and suitability - After sourcing a number of promising candidates, we undertook initial phone screening, technical assessments and conducted peer referencing. We find this approach both extremely useful and successful, gaining testimonials from previous co-workers about how it was like to work with the candidate and the abilities displayed by them.
Eligo have established a lasting relationship with the company, developing a complete understanding of their culture, values, and needs, and as such are Opsview’s preferred recruitment partner recruiting for 100% of their roles, making 14 placements within 12 months.
Positions are filled within budget and within a rapidly reduced time-frame, out-performing all company expectations and previous recruitment attempts, whilst consistently meeting their growth plans across the whole business.
"What makes Eligo different is the amount of time they invest in getting to grips with my company's requirements - not only in terms of the technologies but also the cultural requirement."
Peter Finnan, Opsview